160 g Plain Flour
1/4 ts Salt
90 g Butter
6 tb Iced Water
125 g Unsalted Butter
160 g Light Brown Sugar
1/4 ts Salt
1 ts Vanilla Extract
1 tb Kahlua
180 g Liquid Glucose; (6 tbsp)
3 tb Black Treacle
1 Heaped tbsp Plain Flour
165 g Chopped Pecans
75 g Chocolate Chips; (dark)
190 g Plain Dark Chocolate
125 g Granulated Sugar
1 pt Water
1. To make the pastry crust, mix the flour and salt, and work in the
cold butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Sprinkle on enough of the water to draw the mixture together in a
ball, and then knead it briefly to make sure that it is smooth.
3. Wrap in clingfilm and store in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough and use to line a 10 inch round pie dish or
tart tin. Line the tin with non stick cooking parchment and fill with
rice or beans and bake blind at 350?f / 180?c / Gas Mark 4 for 10
5. Remove the parchment and beans and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
6. Cream the butter and sugar until light. Add the eggs one at a
time, and mix well after each addition.
7. Add the salt, vanilla, kahlua, warmed liquid glucose and black
treacle and mix well.
8. Sprinkle the flour over the chopped nuts and mix with the chocolate
9. Add this to the pie filling and pour into the pie shell. Bake for
35 minutes or until when a knife is inserted in the centre, it comes
10. If the pie seems to be overbrowning during cooking, cover with a
piece of foil.
11. Let the pie cool slightly before serving with vanilla ice cream
and chocolate sauce.
12. Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a bowl. Place the
bowl over a pan of simmering water until the chocolate dissolves.
13. Dissolve the sugar in the water and then boil for 5 minutes. Add
the sugar syrup a little at a time to the chocolate mixing well
14. When completely mixed together, return to the pan and gently
simmer for 7 – 10 minutes, until the mixture coats the back of a
spoon. Serve hot or cold.