1 1/2 c All-purpose flour
1/4 ts Salt
1/8 ts Baking powder
1/2 c Reduced-calorie tub
1 ts Unflavored gelatin
2 tb Boiling water
1/3 c Granulated sugar
1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c Evaporated skimmed milk;
1 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
1 c Whipped topping
1 tb Confectioners sugar
1/2 ts Rum extract
Unsweetened cocoa powder;
1. To prepare pie crust, in medium bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups of
the flour, the salt and the baking powder. With 2 knives or pastry
blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With
fork, stir in 2-3 tablespoons water until mixture forms a soft dough.
Gather dough into a ball.
2. Preheat oven to 350F. Sprinkle work surface with the remaining
flour. On floured surface, roll dough into a 12″ circle. Fit into a
10″ pie plate, fluting edges. Line crust with foil; fill with pie
weights or dried beans.
3. Bake crust 10 minutes; remove foil and weights. Bake 12-15 minutes
longer, until golden; set aside. To prepare filling, in small bowl,
sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water; let stand 1 minute. Add
boiling water, stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Let stand 5
4. In another small bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa. With mixer on
medium speed, beat in milk and vanilla; increase speed to high and
beat, scraping sides of bowl occasionally, until stiff. Add gelatin;
beat until blended. Pour into pastry shell.
5. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
6. To serve, gently stir together whipped topping, confectioners
sugar and rum extract. Spread on top of pie. Sprinkle with cocoa
powder, if desired.
PER SERVING (1/8th): 237 Calories, 6 g Protein, 9 g Fat, 35 g
Carbohydrate, 224 mg Sodium, 1 mg Cholesterol; exchanges 1/4 Milk, 1
1/2 Fat, 1 Bread, 70 Optional Calories