1 ea Loaf bread (about 12 inches 3 ea (to 4) Cloves garlic, minced
. long), French, Italian, 1/4 ts Dried oregano leaves
. white, whole wheat, sour- x Freshly ground black pepper
. dough, or semolina 2 tb Grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c Olive oil
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Halve the bread lengthwise.
3. In a small bowl, stir the oil, garlic, oregano and pepper. Brush
or drizzle oil on each half of the bread.
4. Wrap each half in foil, leaving the tops uncovered. Sprinkle with
5. Bake 25 minutes, until golden and crusted. With a serrated
knife, cut each half into 6 pieces.
From “Woman’s Day: The Only 25 Recipes You’ll Ever Need,” by Sidney
Burstein, ISBN 0-385-41179-0, 1990.
keyed by iris grayson
4 to 6 serve