55 g Unsalted Butter 55 g Caster Sugar 85 g Plain Flour 30 g Semolina
Wicked Chocolate Filling:
170 g Dark Bitter Chocolate with a High Cocoa Butter Content 6 tbsps Brandy
600 ml Single Cream 4 Size 2 Eggs 395 g Caster Sugar 3 tbsp Rounded
Cornflour 195 g Unsalted Butter 1 Split Vanilla Pod
1. Chill shortbread pastry for at least an hour.
2. Bake pastry blind
3. Allow to go cold.
Wicked Chocolate Filling
4. Melt chocolate and brandy in a double boiler or in a basin over a pan of
5. Blend cornflour, sugar and beaten eggs with a little of the cream.
6. Heat the rest of the cream with the vanilla pod and then stir into the
blended egg mixture.
7. Cook gently, stirring all the time until mixture thickens and the
cornflour is cooked out – taste it.
8. This will take about 6 – 8 minutes. Remove vanilla pod.
9. Cool slightly and then beat in melted butter.
10. Pour into the cold shortbread tart case and leave to set. The tart will
have a high gloss on the surface and needs little embellishment.
11. Decorate with chocolate curls or a cluster of chocolate leaves.
12. Cream the fat and sugar together.
13. Then fold in the flour and semolina.