1 1/2 c Yellow cornmeal
2 1/2 c Chicken broth
2 tb Margarine or butter
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1/4 c Grated parmesan cheese
1 tb Olive or vegetable oil
1 c Coarsely chopped onions
1 c Coarse chopped green pepper
1 sm Zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch
15 1/2 oz Dark red kidney beans
14 1/2 oz Can diced tomatoes with
– garlic, oregano and basil
6 oz Can tomato paste
4 oz Shredded mozzarella (1 cup)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9 or 10-inch deep-dish glass pie pan.
In medium saucepan, combine cornmeal and broth. Cook over medium heat until
mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in
margarine, egg and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions
and bell pepper, cook and stir until tender. Stir in zucchini, beans,
tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook
3. Spread cornmeal mixture in bottom and up sides of greased pie pan. Spoon
vegetable mixture over top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Let stand 5
minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 390 Calories, 14 g Fat, 1050 mg Sodium