2 1/2 c Chopped cooked turkey
10 oz Frozen peas and carrots;
1/2 c Frozen chopped onion; thawed
2 1/2 oz Sliced mushrooms; drained
10 3/4 oz Cream of chicken soup;
1/2 c Skim milk
1/2 ts Chicken-flavored bouillon
1/4 ts Poultry seasoning
Whole wheat pastry crust
Skim milk; optional
WHOLE WHEAT PASTRY CRUST
2/3 c Sifted cake flour
1/2 c Whole wheat flour
1/2 ts Baking powder
1/4 ts Salt
1 ts Poppy seeds
3 tb Margarine
1 oz Neufchatel cheese
3 tb Water; up to 4
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Combine soup and next 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Add to turkey mixture,
and stir well.
3. Spoon turkey mixture evenly into 5 (4 3/8-x 1 1/4-inch) aluminum tart
pans or 5 (1-cup) baking dishes.
4. Place 1 Whole Wheat Pastry Crust over each serving; seal and flute
edges. Cut slits in pastry; brush lightly with skim milk, if desired. Bake
at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Whole Wheat Pastry Crust
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut in margarine and
cheese until mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Sprinkle water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over surface; stir with a fork
until crumbly. Divide into 5 portions. Roll each portion between 2 sheets
of wax paper into a 5-inch circle.