1 tb Butter; softened
1 9″ unbaked pie shell
2 lg Golden Delicious apples;
-cored/sliced (don’t peel)
1 1/2 c Milk
1/2 c Light cream (half-and-half)
1 ts Vanilla extract
1/2 c Sugar; divided
1/2 ts Nutmeg, ground
1/2 ts Salt
1. Brush butter over bottom of pie shell. Arrange apple slices in pie shell
in an overlapping pinwheel design.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, light cream, vanilla and all
but 2 teaspoons of the sugar.
3. Carefully spoon egg mixture over apples. Mix reserved 2 teaspoons sugar
with nutmeg and salt and sprinkle on top.
4. Place pie in a roasting pan and place in the oven. Pour enough boiling
water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the pie pan.
5. Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 40 minutes. Reduce temperature
to 300 degrees and bake until custard is set, about 20 minutes longer.
6. Cool pie completely before cutting. Refrigerate the leftovers.